Keep It Simple & Surprise Yourself
We are glad to introduce you to a multitalented designer & illustrator Jonny Schulz based in Cologne.
Why have you decided to step into design field? What inspires you and why?
I’ve been drawing since kindergarten. A pen and paper have been the easiest way for my parents to keep me busy for a long time. One thing led to another, and in school I was very interested in how colours and shapes touch you. Which led me to study design, where I focused on Corporate Design, Branding and Illustration.
An accident, or let’s call it an opportunity, is a good source of inspiration. Also, there are so many inspiring designers and illustrators out there.
How do you measure the success of your design?
- Has the problem been solved?
- How is the design accepted by the user?
- And how does the design stand out in the market?
These questions can often only be answered after some time.
What is your biggest challenge in design creation process?
Finding the perfect colors.
What principles do you follow when creating attention grabbing design?
- Think before you do stuff.
- Keep it simple, and surprise myself.
- In the end, everything turns around the right gut-feeling. Without a good concept, it’s gonna be hard to find. So you have to dig deep and work hard to find it.
Get inspired by Jonny works: dribbble.com/jonny_schulz
Follow him on Instagram